We have a strong and proud history of volunteerism to our community. Did you know that 75% of your firefighters are dedicated volunteers?
SBRFA and your Community needs YOU.
Who are we?
We like you are part of the South Beach Community. We are your neighbors, your friends, your family. We are both paid personnel on duty 24/7 and volunteers willing to come to the aid of South Beach Citizens in their time of need.
What do we do?
First and foremost we provide ambulance, fire, and emergency services throughout the entire South Beach Area.
- Participate in Civic events
- Provide Fire Prevention and Education
- Perform Wellness Checks
- Provide Blood Pressure Evaluations
- Out of Area Medical Transports
- Smoke alarm installations.
What do Volunteers do?
- Fire fighting
- Medical Aid Responder
- Ham Radio Operators
- Drone Operation
- Traffic Control
- Public Education/Fire Prevention
- Tender Operator
Free Training Provided & No Experience Necessary!
Requirements to become a SBRFA Volunteer:
- Live within 30 minutes of an SBRFA Station (there are five of them)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Washington State Drivers License
- Ability to Pass a Background Check
- Meet minimum training & response requirements
- Willingness to help your Community