On this page you will find any job postings that we currently have.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Responds to emergency calls to provide fire suppression, rescue, emergency medical services, and fire prevention duties as assigned to the public; other responsibilities include maintenance of fire stations, equipment, and apparatus; participates in drills and training activities and is actively involved in public events as scheduled.
Works under the direct supervision of a company officer
Normal shift is 48/96, 8 AM to 8 AM. As an assigned member of rescue, truck, or Engine Company, requires work under any of the following conditions: confined spaces, extreme heights, and hazardous atmospheres with little or no visibility, extreme temperatures, exposure to toxic and hazardous materials, exposure to air and blood borne pathogens, and exposure to disease. Work in areas where dangers of death or injury due to falls, explosion, electrocution, building collapse, or entrapment may be present; work under conditions of extreme mental and physical stress.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current Fire suppression and prevention techniques, practices, and methods;
- Standard firefighting practices, methods, and procedure;
- Safety standards, procedures, and precautions utilized in firefighting activities; City geography and street system and locations of major buildings or geographical landmarks;
- Emergency medical care practices
- The use of firefighting, medical, and communication equipment;
- Reasoning and reacting quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Training, experience, and certification levels required:
- High school diploma or GED
- State of Washington Paramedic certification. Able to be certified in Grays Harbor County within 30 days of hire;
- Certified as IFSAC Firefighter I or higher
- Be at least 18 years of age by the date of appointment
- Possession of a valid State Driver’s License
- Be in good physical health as determined by a medical examination
Please include the following in application packet.
- South Beach Regional Fire Authority application
- Copy of Paramedic certification
- Copy of Firefighter 1 certification
- $25.00 check or money order payable to South Beach Regional Fire authority
Mail packets to:
South Beach Regional Fire Authority
PO Box 1195 Westport Washington 98595
Test to Include fire and EMS scenarios and Physical agility test.
Successful candidates will be invited to an oral Board. Date to be determined.