The mission of the South Beach Regional Fire Authority Fire Prevention and community Risk Reduction Division is to improve the quality of life for the South Beach communities through risk assessment and public education.
Preventing unintentional injuries and deaths is a top priority for South Beach RFA.
Our goal is to prevent and reduce the incidence of fire and fire related deaths, injuries and property loss by increasing the awareness and knowledge of our community members, local businesses and the many tourist that visit our communities.
Our prevention efforts also include, but are not limited to:
- Open water drowning prevention
- Beach / water safety
- Bicycle helmet safety
- Impaired and distracted driving
- Emergency preparedness (tsunamis, high winds, flooding, power outages, etc.)
- Wildland fire prevention
- Senior falls and fire prevention
- Winter and holiday safety
- Hypertension screenings